Thursday, July 29, 2010

BlackBerry Ride


Riders,
So, I'm at work... between meetings and I get this email about riding a BlackBerry Ride tonight... I'm sure the invite stated it was more of a spin ride than a hammer ride... (note: the hammer falls on Tuesday Night and Saturday Morning)... the invite from THE PROMOTER offered me a chance to "spin out the leg"... you know, "they" say "recovery" is important....

I heard from another rider... who'll we'll call Mechanic Dillard, would be riding too...

So, I came home, took a power nap (I had been up since 5am)... and me the terrible-two-some in the parking lot of NS.... It should be noted that I was on the road bike and these guys were on "nothing but speed tri bikes".... NOTE: Russ the Rocket once told me riding the road bike with tri guys is like bringing a knife to a gun fight... I'll never learn!!!).... so, we start... and THE PROMOTER's back wheel was "chirping"... so, Dillard the Mechanic offered to fix it... no kidding, that guy got skills!!!!

At the BlackBerry Patch, the berries were dry... so, there was no "grazing" on fruit provided by Mother Nature... so, we kept going... on Timms Mill... Dillard launched an attack... we rode hard to catch him... on 5 Forks, there goes Dillard again... HRM red-lined and I had to drop back... so much for spinning!!!! The Promoter and Mechanic Dillard hammered hard... then, they sat up and waited... THANKS GUYS!!!

You know, for an old man, the highlight of TNR and SVR is to ride as hard as I can for as long as I can... and at times, when the A-train is soft-pedaling, I can catch a wheel.... but, when they get going, I'm off the back.... and tonight was more of the same... The Promoter-Mechanic A-train left the station!!!

but, I'm glad I did it... and will be even happier when I can ride again this Saturday...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

The Announcer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home