Thursday, January 10, 2008

SVR for 1-12-08


Riders,
Yep, it's that time of the week when I think of Saturday morning!!! I've been looking forward to this all week!!! Once again the group will meet at New Spring parking lot for an on-time depart of 8:59AM. Remember, we moved the time back for Sir Knight (who DID join us last Saturday on a road bike fenders!!!) He just doesn't desire to climb out of the swamp on Shackleburg... we'll grant his wish and continue to leave at 8:59AM. The route remains the same of ~44 miles (+/-).

For me, last weekend was great ride. Here's a highlight (as I recall). You know, Bad Company has a song "Rock and Roll Fantasy." Well, last weekend for me, was a Paceline Fantasy. After regrouping at the top of Timms Mill, a group of 9+ riders settled into a nice paceline... it would stretch and comeback together as we went to Mac's. After crossing Liberty Hwy, the group was working together as a cohesive, well oiled machine. It was smooth and predictable. A perfect Paceline Fantasy... and as we topped the last hill, I was in the sweet spot, last man back. I was towed up the hill, NO JOKE!!! The paceline was like a precision flying unit, It was like I was flying the SLOT position in the Blue Angels. AWESOME!!!
A comment on this pic, take a look at the bottom, notice the lady doing the backstroke? that should give everyone hope that there's more than one way to swim the distance.. now, if only I can find a pic to prove there's another way to RUN!!!! all I can to is put one foot in front of the other... at a very slow pace...comments???
the announcer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home