Saturday, January 15, 2011

the canceled ride


Riders
Usually after the ride, I'll trade ride reports with a few guys... but for this weekend, it's sad to say there won't be a ride report... maybe an indoor spin bike report which will end with me beating my head against the wall... I can ride 3+ hours outside and love it... but can't seem to handle more than 30 minutes of the evil spin bike....
So here's a funny... after the ride was canceled, I got an email from a fellow rider.. telling me that she'd go to the Y for a workout... then, she asked me if I was a member of the Y... she had never seen me there... OUCH!!! that hurt, so now I have put it on the list to visit the Y more often!!!
For a double-ouch, I got an email late yesterday from Mr. NameSake asking if this was the first time SVR has been canceled... yep, a first... historically riders made the decision to ride or not... rain vs wind vs heat vs Clemson Home Football games... but this time was different... after the recon report stated continue icy conditions... we pulled the plugs... saved it for another day....
I'm off to get the heart rate up... the evil spinbike is calling my name....
The Announcer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home